Thursday, May 19, 2011

This Robin's Nest

I think I'll call her Robin Robins.  She's definitely made this herself at home here.

We've got a robin nesting right up in the rafters of our front porch.  We had a robin family in the same nest last year, and now we see a new momma robin sitting on three eggs.

I can barely get a picture of the nest, because it's so well tucked away.  Also I have to shoot through the window.

We keep seeing the robin or her mate right out in our little maple tree or on one of the feeders in our front yard.  I think it's the same robin most of the time.  He or she doesn't seem to be afraid of us at all and seems almost tame.  I feel like it's "our" little robin.

See the robin sitting up on the waterfall?

Lilly and I took a little walk this morning, and I saw Robin Robins perched right on our fountain feeding on something.  Maybe lake flies.  We've had a hatching, and the house is SWARMING with those pests!  You can hear them buzzing in the distance, and it sounds like an automobile race!

This guy was up on the bird feeder today.  Unfortunately I had to shoot this through a window, too.

I've seen several other cool birds...beautiful orioles and some hummingbirds, too.  But I haven't caught a picture of them yet.  I took a picture of this bird this morning.  We aren't sure what it is, but we think it's a rose breasted grosbeak.  (Yes, we have our bird book out or we wouldn't know that!)

2 comments:

  1. Neat pictures, Sherri. You guys have an abundance of wildlife in your area. (Those robins were down here in February.) It's good that you and Lilly can experience this together. Of course, she doesn't appreciate it now, but she will as she gets older. BTW, you are a VERY good photographer. :)
    Love, Mom Robins

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fun to have baby birds to watch. I'm pretty sure that Bonnie had a similar experience that she blogged about a while back, but I don't remember if her birds were robins. Anyway, great photos, even if they are through a window.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete