Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cookie-ing Again

I've been making cookies again... I think I've got an official "order," but I have to prove that I can keep the cookies fresh. A relative of a friend has a daughter graduating from high school this spring, and she's contacted me to see of I can make her 150-175 graduation cookies. The only problem is she needs them about ten days after Les and I are planning to leave for the summer. (I would eat the cookies for two months straight out of a cookie jar, if they sat around here that long. But I do want them to taste really good to people who've never had them before! So I'm experimenting with freezing them and also with packaging them up really well and storing them on the counter). Because of all this experimentation, I started some practice grad cookies for her this weekend. She chose the colors, and had expressed a real hope for a number 14 cookie, which I had to do a little customizing for. Take a look and see what you think!

Oh yea, she wants them as cookie pops, with sticks in them too. Here are my 14s.
Here's a star shaped cookie pop.
And I tried some graduation caps.
I like a variety platter myself, but I'm not sure what she will choose.
Another variety shot, although some are repeats.
Making 150 cookie pops should be an interesting thing to add to my to-do list!

 

 

3 comments:

  1. You are one talented lady! Love it. Love kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! They look good enough to eat! (Sorry, couldn't resist.) Actually, they're too pretty to eat. You did a fantastic job, Sherri. It's good that you're experimenting with the freshness aspect. Let me know the results.
    Love,
    Mom Robins

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cookies! I love the 14's. Also, the graduation caps and gowns and the diploma. Very beautiful colors, too. Thanks for sharing!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete