Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Dancing Update...

I love this picture, even though it's out of focus. It's a nice shot of just how cute this costume is!

Well, I'm way behind in blogging about Lilly's dance class. We had an opportunity to observe class several weeks ago, so I'll be posting some videos and stills of that day below. Then today was "Class Picture" day, and the girls also received their recital costumes and tried them on for the first time. We arrived early and had the kids change into their costumes. Then they posed for a group picture, and afterward, the teacher allowed us moms a chance to take a picture. As you may be able to imagine, this was a LOT for a group of two and three-year olds. There were quite a few tears and mixed emotions at all the transitioning. Also, I guess the costume was itchy, so a few of the girls were tugging and looking uncomfortable, Lilly included. The moms and I laughed that if these were something they were wearing just to play "dress up" they probably wouldn't have minded at all! Anyways, whatever their emotional status, they sure were cute!

Looking a little uncomfortable!
These are what I call "the big girls." They are all three, except the one in the middle.
Here's the whole class! The three without costumes are relatively new. Therefore their costumes were ordered late and haven't arrived yet.

Okay, now the rest of this posting is from a few weeks ago during Parent Observation Week. I must preface these pictures by saying that I made a terrible mistake when choosing panties for Lilly that morning. I let her wear a new pair of training-pants,and they were (apparently) HUGE and hanging out of her leotard BIG-TIME! But aside from the ridiculous underwear, I did manage to get some decent pics and videos of the class and their variety of dance styles-- Tap, Ballet, and Acrobatics.

Tapping away...
Tapping at the barre.
http://youtu.be/oqdUZdZeVx0
Click here to watch a tap dance. Don't know why I am having trouble posting videos.

Changing into ballet shoes.
I think this was tip-toeing?
Tip-toeing toward me...
http://youtu.be/rF5-esqg6oo
Ballet dancing video

Jumping!!
Lilly likes this part of "acro" where they roll back and sit back up.
http://youtu.be/cdSeoskeOFU
Acro Dancing!

More acro practice.
Trying to get a decent picture of myself with Lilly and Mom.
Never did really get one...

 

1 comment:

  1. I love the first picture with her fancy dress and hair bow. How cute!! All the pictures are adorable and I enjoyed watching the videos of dance classes. Hopefully, I will be able to attend the next observation and also a recital, if there is one. Thank you for sharing, Sherri.
    Love,
    Mom Robins

    ReplyDelete