Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's About Time...

Lilly holding Polka Dot, Purply (in stroller), Bitty Baby (standing), and Rainbow (in other stroller.)

I can't even remember all that has happened since my last post. But I haven't taken very many pictures. I know that! We have all been sick with a cold for about a month now I'm guessing. In between colds, I have been knocking myself out trying to train for a half marathon on March 1st. Being sick has not helped!

I snapped this shot of Lilly today after she set up a few of her "babies" to watch TV with her. She is SO into playing with her dolls lately! Every day she decides to "have" another one. And every day is one of their birthdays, it seems. She loves to dress and undress them, feed them, wake them up, and put them to bed. It is so cute, but it has added a whole new facet to getting up in the morning and going to bed at night. Taking care of six or seven extra babies is a lot of work! Thank goodness these ones are just dolls!

Here is a collection of recent Lilly-pics. Pardon the quality, as many were taken on my phone...

Another shot of Lilly with her many "babies."
Lilly with Bitty Baby and Holly Sue.
Lilly with Holly Sue. I have to admit I'm a bit smitten with Holly Sue myself. She was made by my Grandma Grace quite a few years ago, shortly after Cabbage Patch kids came out I believe. Lilly and I have both enjoyed dressing Holly Sue up in some of Lilly's old clothes!
Here's Lilly with Holly Sue in another old outfit of Lilly's.
Ha ha, here's Holiday Holly Sue!
Lilly got invited to her first birthday party of a friend from school, Rex.
And we saw the Chick Fil A cow one night!
Here she is dressed for Pajama Day at school a couple weeks ago. (She spent the entire next week home sick!)

 

3 comments:

  1. She's so cute! And congrats to you on your half-marathon . . . and all your doll-baby grandchildren, too. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Jenny! You're so funny! I am very proud of all my grandchildren. Even though Lilly calls me "Great Grandma" instead of Grandma. I'm not sure how I skipped a whole generation!

    And thanks about the marathon. Let's see if I actually survive or finish it! I know I can finish it, but I may be walking the second half... My goal is to "run" the whole thing, but I am really getting worried!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the cute pictures of Lilly and her babies. I'm glad that she is enjoying them so much. Holly Sue is lucky to have such a nice selection of clothes. She looks really good in Lilly's hand-me-downs. Thanks for sharing.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete