Sunday, April 7, 2013

Post-Easter Miscellaneous

 Ha ha ha!  This scene is what I awoke to Easter morning, since we did our Easter a day early this year.  Apparently our Valentine bear spent the evening indulging in too much Easter candy and passed out in the kitchen with a chocolate bunny in one hand and a bag of jelly beans in the other!  (Hmmm, this bear must be a metaphor for another "bear" who lives in our house!)
 And Lilly found a new use for her yellow sandals... They make nice cars for tiny stuffed animals!


On Monday Lilly and I met our friends from Wisconsin, the Rieders, down in Sarasota at St. Armand's Circle.  Les was on his way to Wisconsin for a quick trip before heading to Vegas, so he couldn't join us.  Lilly had been sick since before Easter, but I did everything I could to get her healthy enough to still meet the Rieders.  We made it through the day and had a lovely time, but she ended up in the pediatrician's office on Tuesday anyway. 
 As we were window-shopping, Lilly decided she no longer wanted to hold my hand... She wanted to hold Mr. Tom's hand instead!

 And we walked on down to the beach, which I believe is Lido Key.  It looked gorgeous, but we didn't walk out to the sand and ocean.  We just stopped for a couple pictures.  I took them, so I am not in them...  Above are the kids:  Travis, Lilly, and Trent.  Below are all the Rieders who came:  Tom, Travis, Lilly (not a Rieder), Gina, and Joe.  Gina is my friend who invited me to be part of her bookclub when I'm up in Wisconsin.  She and Les were teachers together at Sabish Middle School in Fond du Lac. 

 And no trip to St. Armand's is complete without some yummy ice cream.  This time we tried out Scoop Daddy's...Great name, and good ice cream, but I like our usual place even better.  (Yet I couldn't tell you the name of it!)  It was fun to meet up with some Wisconsin folks in the Florida sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment