| Charlie and Carol on Carol's birthday this past April. |
We lost Charlie this past Tuesday, and the world will never be quite the same. He was such a wonderful man! (Husband, Father, Father-in-Law, and Granddaddy) It seems that everyone who had the pleasure of meeting him knew he was somebody special.
| Most of the Robins...Lilly, Les, Carol, Susie, and Charlie. |
Charlie was very private about his battle with cancer, and I don't believe I have ever blogged a word about it. I hope I'm not disrespecting his wishes now, only acknowledging our family's loss. I pulled up a few pictures to share here, and links to his obituary as well as a few other stories about him, which have appeared in the local papers.
| Lilly with her Granddaddy and Nana at a park close to their home. |
Additionally, I am posting a link to a writer's blog
where you can read some of his writing, if you so desire. Once on the
blog, click on "An Email From Charlie" to open up several of his essays.
| Lilly with her proud grandparents on our first trip to Tampa. |
We love you so much, Dad! It comforts us to know you are no longer in pain. We will keep you alive in our hearts and our memories forever.
Charles F. Robins 1933-2012
Article from the Tampa Bay Times
Article from the Tampa Tribune
Column by family friend Steve Otto of the Tampa Tribune
I was so sorry to hear about Charlie. He was such a wonderful husband, father, and Granddaddy. Carol, please know that my family has been thinking of you. Spencer and I prayed for Charlie every night. My heart goes out to you and your family. Please let us know if we can do anything at all.
ReplyDelete