Sunday, June 26, 2011

Double Trouble!

"I just LOVE to prop my feet up in my stroller when we go for walks!"

We sure have had a grumpy, wakeful little baby on our hands lately.  I've been getting worried, actually, because Lilly is really having a hard time sleeping--even at night when she used to sleep so soundly.  She wakes up crying repeatedly throughout the night.  And sometimes during the day she looks at me and just "crumples" into tears.  We give her Tylenol which helps a lot, but I hate to constantly put her on medicine.  I have been wondering if there is more going on than just teething.  How could one little tooth that's already broken through be causing so much pain?!  I've checked her mouth numerous times to see if, perhaps, there is a second tooth breaking through.  Well, today I confirmed my suspisions...  Lilly's got two little bottom teeth now!  The second one is just barely peeking out.  I was really relieved to see it!  I was beginning to wonder if I needed to call the doctor or something, and I was getting scared that maybe she was just becoming a brat!  (By the way, I'm still trying to get a picture where you can actually SEE these teeth!)

3 comments:

  1. Dear Cherri,

    My first born, Miriam, had the same symptoms tha dasy after we landed in the then Gold Coast, now Ghana. We were afraid she was coming down with some tropical disease! Were we ever glad when two teeth appeared the next day!

    Love your blog....Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those feet! Lilly has her own style of riding in the stroller these days, I see. Most likely, those teeth are causing discomfort whether they have broken through or not. Keep the cold teething rings handy. Maybe they will help.
    Cute picture!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, I bet you were scared! I can certainly sympathize. (that makes me think of The Poisonwood Bible! Yikes!)

    Mom, I will try the cold teether again today. I keep forgetting I have them! And yes, she loves to "kick bac" in her stroller and enjoy the ride. Not very lady like, I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete