Saturday, February 20, 2010

Catch-up Post

I've been a lazy blogger this week.  I guess I got myself all worn out with that big posting about the fish.  Monday was super busy, as I started out on the frozen lake, went to work out, and met with the book club in the evening.  Tuesday I managed to write that long post.  Wednesday was a total lazy day.  Thursday I exercised and ran a few errands.  Then yesterday we had a basketball game.... and we actually WON! 

It was Fondy's last home game.  We've been re-playing all these teams we played earlier in the season, and it's been a struggle lately.  Well, last night the Kimberly Papermakers came to our home court and we beat them!  Our guys came out all fired up and they kept the momentum going all the way through the game.  The crowd was so excited.  It was really fun to watch!  And I think the boys just felt great afterwards.  It was so nice to see them smiling and hugging their parents and friends.  (Usually, they are swept away immediately for a locker-room "talk," and we don't get to interact with them at all.) 

We have two more games in the regular season and then playoffs start.  Next Tuesday we are headed up to Green Bay Preble for an out-of-conference make-up game.  (This game was snowed out a couple weeks ago.)  Then we're off to Appleton West on Friday.  (Notice how all the highschools around here are just named for the city they're in.  I guess that's because there just aren't very many schools.  Imagine if we had that in Tampa.  There'd be North Tampa, South Tampa, Palma Ceia, New Tampa, Lutz, Carrollwood, etc... I think it's unimaginative.) 

Later today, I'll try to get a post done about being 18 weeks pregnant!  I'm also going to a party tonight.  It's a wine-tasting party, and it's all girls.  Jamie invited me so I can meet some more people.  I'm looking forward to it, even though I won't be able to enjoy a glass of wine!  I'm taking some sparkling apple-pomegranate juice and I'm baking a quiche.  (Each person is supposed to bring their favorite wine and an appetizer to share.  They're going to award prizes for the wine and app voted the "best.")  I think it will be fun.  Les is glad I am taking the quiche somewhere else.  Can you believe he would turn up his nose at eggs and cream and cheese???

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing us up to date. Hope you enjoy your party tonight. The sparkling apple-pomegranate juice sounds tasty. (I drink a sparkling grape flavored water that is really good.)
    Take care.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sparkling juice was truly delicious! But calorie wise the water would have been a good idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, glad you're keeping busy and that you are meeting more of the female population up there. That really helps when you move to a new location.

    Love,
    Mom Robins

    ReplyDelete