Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Creature Feature




The exterminator came today.  It was kinda cute, because after he finished all the spraying, he asked me, "Sherri?  Do you want to know when I find a mouse or would you rather not know?"  At that point, I figured I already knew, so I said, "I guess that means you found one," to which he replied, "Actually I found three."  (Not to worry though, they were all in traps in the storage side of the basement.  I'm not sure why, but that makes me feel better about it.)  I also enjoyed that when he wrote out the receipt for us he put "Les and Sherri Robins" at the top and asked, "Did I spell your name right?"  




While I had an exterminator here, I thought I would mention to him that we have been hearing a squeaking/screeching BAT sound lately at odd times during the night.  That's right...we're afraid we may have a bat hanging around in the great room, but we can't seem to spot it if we do.  What I found out is that we would have to call the "bat man" for that, not the bug man.  Apparently there are a couple guys who specialize in bat removal.  Let's hope we don't have to meet them anytime soon.  Maybe we are just going batty!



This evening I got up from the couch to let Lexi out, and I only halfway shut the front door.  Well, a few minutes later, Les says "Oh no!  Do you smell that?  It's SKUNK!"  I got up and shut the door completely, as it had fallen open a few inches.  A little while later, Lexi comes back, not totally "skunked," but definitely stinkier than she had left.  She rubbed her eyes a bit, but Les thinks she just got close, not actually sprayed.  Regardless, the whole living room area reeks of skunk!  (and Febreeze, but mostly skunk!)


In other creature news, I did take Decker back to the vet.  He retested her thyroid and upped her medicine dosage, as it is still high despite improving.  Her kidneys were of concern, but bloodtests indicated they are functioning normally.  And her weight has increased to a whopping 4.11 pounds!  (actually a good increase from 3.5) 


Anyways, we have quarentined ourselves away from the bat, the skunk-dog, the mice, and the screaming cat for the night.  Wish us luck getting some sleep tonight!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute blog! I am assuming that the pictured creatures are not the actual ones mentioned as part of the household. If so, you really got them to pose nicely.
    I'm glad to hear that Decker is doing better. Poor little screamer! Maybe as she(or is it a he?) feels better, the volume will come down a little.
    Love you, and your blog. What a pleasant way to start my day!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom! So glad you liked it! Haaa Haa! No, I didn't snap any of those pictures myself! I pulled them off the internet. Decker is a girl, and she does seem to be maybe a little less demanding. The house is much better today, and the dog had a bath. By the way, Charlie Robins still can't seem to get his comments to post. What's your secret? Love you, too!! Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go through Google Account. It rejects me the first time, so I press either "Preview" or "Post Comment" again, and the screen comes up where I have to type a crazy word, I do it, and then it posts.
    Carol's posts are posting okay. Maybe he just needs to do whatever she is doing.
    Hope this helps.
    Have a great day.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete